It's hard to believe Little Bug is now 4 months old, but he IS, and he's doing great! We'll take him to the pediatrician tomorrow for the second round of shots (what a way to celebrate), and we can't wait to see her reaction over how he's grown. At last weigh-in Joshua tipped the scales at 13 pounds 1 ounce. He's getting chubby thighs to match his chubby cheeks and chubby fingers, and we couldn't be prouder!
Yesterday, Sunday Feb. 22, Joshua rolled from his belly to his back twice! Okay, so he was on his side more than his belly when he rolled, but still, he had the arm and leg movements down. Tummy time isn't Joshua's favorite sport, so we don't give him as much as he probably should have. We figure he may walk before he learns to crawl. But, we'll keep working on it.
Joshua also informed me yesterday that he likes to turn the pages when we're reading books together. Apparently, that's something that Grandma encourages him to do, and I needed to get with the program! So, those cloth and board books were seeing lots of action yesterday.
Teething. One word, and parents shudder. Now I know why. The baby who had been sleeping through the night like a champ has started waking up again at 2-3 hour intervals. Little consoled him at first. Last week we saw Joshua really start gnawing on his teething toys, or fingers (his or mine), or basically anything hard. So far, he doesn't care for the cooled teething rings, but we keep offering them as a substitute...particularly to my fingers. The tooth (teeth?) hasn't broken through yet, but we can see the raised area and feel that there's something hard under the lower gum. I broke down and bought Baby Orajel. That helps. Poor kid.
We started attending a new Sunday school class. Yesterday was our second time. It's a new class where the moms keep their children with them, and it meets in a nursery room at church. It's small, which is good. Four moms and I think Joshua makes the fifth child. They're all older, but he enjoys watching the activity. I am glad that it's a way for me to keep Joshua with me at church, especially during cold and flu season. But I admit that I miss the other class, too.
I think that's about it for now. We'll post the results from the Dr. visit tomorrow. And we have new pictures in the camera, just waiting to get out. Perhaps I'll have a chance to post them tonight or tomorrow. So, stay tuned!
Beth
1 comment:
A mom/baby sunday school class is a great idea! I'm enjoying looking at all the baby pictures. Your little guy is SO cute! I will never forget the privilege of holding him when he was newborn.
Post a Comment