Tuesday, September 22, 2009

July Highlights (in September)

still catching up. I promised Lady Di that I would post once I got some sleep. Hoping I don't jinx myself here, but I am proud to report that Joshua has slept through the night for the last two nights. Granted, he doesn't go down until midnight. But the fact that he stays down until 7:30am is such a drastic change from the cat-naps that we had been getting that we are thrilled! Sleep makes such a difference.

And now, my July fave: Broccoli Boy!
From July 2009 misc.


Other July Highlights...

  • First Parade - had to go to the 4th of July (Freedom Fest) parade. Grandparents were in it. Grandma was a Grand Marshall. Joshua's favorite entries...all things red...red firetrucks, red tractors, red cars... "ooh, ooh, ooh"

  • Joshua's mastered the Jumbo Block. He received this new toy after I finally saw it come up on a "daily deal" special on overstock.com. I'd been waiting for such a sale. Each side has a different shape, activity, and corresponding ditty. When you pull a ball, it vibrates back into its hole. This startled Joshua at first. Then it stumped Joshua. Now, it amuses Joshua.

  • He FINALLY let Uncle Jeff hold him! We had to bait Jeff's pocket with a toy and sit next to Jeff on the couch for a long time, but eventually, Joshua went to his uncle without crying. Whew.

  • He got to play with Greataunts and Greatuncles, too! We enjoyed another Gill family reunion. It's always wonderful to get together with our relatives!

  • Monkey see - Monkey do. See the photo album, and you'll know which pics I'm talking about.

  • Riding the big rig. Joshua has discovered ride-on toys. More importantly, he's discovered how fun it is when his parents push him on ride-on toys. Again!

  • More teeth. I can't remember how many we were up to by the end of July, but the teething fun never ends.

  • Bath Time! Yes, the blackmail shots have been taken.



No comments: