Saturday, September 12, 2009

Celebrating with Rupert

 

Today was a big day for the guys. Dad and Jeff have spent the last many moons collecting parts and taking "Rupert" to various shops in their effort to restore / rejuvenate my Grandfather Call's Chevy pickup...Jeff gave him the name "Rupert" because somehow it just fits his personality. Rupert has a little more surgery to undergo, but he was in good enough shape to enter in the Ice Cream Festival's car show today. And he took 1st place in his class!



Joshua had a grand time exploring the cab today. He discovered the horn, made it honk, and made it honk again. Our explorer. He then went over to the petting zoo. I finally caved and took him inside after he kept lunging at the fence, wanting to pet the goats. He was gentle, patting the animals on their backs. So, goats and ducks and pigs have all made their formal introduction to Joshua now. He talked about it all the way home. He's still talking about it. I'm *sure* that's what ga-ga-ga means :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dr. Glynn Mangold said...

I think I remember helping deliver a couple of refrigerators in Rupert!

Beth said...

Something tells me Rupert's refrigerator delivery days are over :-)