Granny (Sibyle Gill) passed away today, December 18, 2008. I cannot yet put into words what impact this amazing woman had on me and how much I love her. Suffice to say, she was the best Granny in the world, and we'll all miss her dearly. She loved God and lived to serve Him. Last night, Mom and I found a book that I had given Granny on her 85th birthday. It had photos of nature scenes, scripture, hymns, and places to record thoughts and remembrances. She wrote a letter to me on the inside, reminding me of that evening, when my parents, Granny and I sat at the kitchen table, reading the scriptures aloud and singing hymns. That's one sweet memory that I'll treasure. She is singing hymns with the angels, now. Praise God.
The photos were taken in October 2008, when Granny celebrated her 90th birthday. It is a life worth celebrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment