Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sunday School Baby Shower

Hello everyone,

Bethany, Joshua and I were treated to a pleasant and hospitable gathering at the Browns tonight. The Browns hosted our Sunday School class to celebrate and recognize Joshua. The members of our Sunday School class are thoughtful and generous. They gave Joshua a car seat that he can utilize after he's 15 months old and 20 pounds. The Browns gave us a great assortment of children's books, and the class also gave us a Wal-Mart gift card. (I don't think Joshua will have a problem finding something he'll want with this!) The food was delicious and the environment was warm and inviting. A wonderful combination on a cold 20 degree night.

It didn't surprise me to see that Joshua waited to save his worse bowel movements for the visit. Bethany and I handled this very well, and the ladies were very understanding and supportive. I am grateful that the ladies were willing to share their experiences with raising their child(ren) with Bethany. Bethany admitted afterwards that she felt understood and supported for those frustrating moments she experienced over the past four weeks.

That brings us to another topic - Joshua is four weeks old!! Bethany and I are grateful that we have not done anything to harm or jeopardize our son in any way.

We are grateful for all of the thoughts, prayers, cards and gifts that have arrived for Joshua. The number feels overwhelming; however, we are counting our blessings for all of the support that's been displayed.

Have a great week!

Thankfully,
Matthew, Bethany and Joshua

No comments: